Cloud Computing Job Roles:
It’s raining jobs in Cloud!
- Companies of all sizes are moving in greater numbers to the cloud while cloud providers continue to grow their operations to support more and workloads.
- An IDC report released in 2012 estimated a worldwide growth of 14 million Cloud-based jobs by the end of 2015.
There are about 100 jobs chasing each qualified candidate at this point in time, according to technical recruiters.
With a cloud, many roles will be redefined or replace with new roles.
Cloud System Engineer / I.T. Professional
- Responsible to implement and operate the Virtual Systems that support the cloud implementation.
- To build and configure Virtual Network and provision Virtual Machines, Storage Accounts, Databases, Network Load Balancer, Gateways etc.
- They’re responsible for the scale-in/scale-out infrastructure.
- you have system engineering experience, holistic understanding of the Internet and hosting from the network layer up through the application layer.
- you Should have experience in the 24×7 hosting environment.
- Should have knowledge of using maintaining and monitoring tools, scripting, configuration management tools, network security, firewalls etc…
Application Developers / Software Engineer
- Responsible for design and development of different types of software applications that integrate with cloud service providers.
- Developers can take advantage of management services such as databases, storages, queues, caches, workflows, and more to bring new applications to market quicker and cheaper than ever before.
- They need to understand how these managed services can be used to build highly available, a fault-tolerant and scalable application.
- Increasingly, job requirements for developer opportunities are adding Cloud Computing as a must-have skill.
- Require credentials: Computer Science engineering with 2+ years of professional experience in software development. you have an excellent understanding of at least one language like C#, Java, PHP, Python etc.
- Responsible for Automation of deployment and configuration of applications.
- DevOps represents a merger between development and operations. It breaks down the barrier of developers and operations engineers with the goal of streamlining the application lifecycle.
- The role often is responsible managing the infrastructure through version-control source files can be used to recreate Cloud environments in hours, minutes instead of weeks, days under the traditional model.
- DevOps is more attainable now than it ever has been with the ease of automation infrastructure, software services, making it a natural choice for developers and/or system administrators with scripting experience.
- Should possess a strong understanding of how to design and build Cloud environments to ensure that systems are scalable, reliable, secure and supportable and that they achieve business performance and budgetary objectives.
- Their knowledge of a Cloud platform is broad enough to know which services are best suited for any particular situation including whether or not a hybrid environment makes sense.
- Should have significant experience designing, installing and administrating virtualized environments.
- lead migration projects to move companies into the Cloud.
- design for disaster recovery and mitigation.
- They will be required in companies which build applications and/or infrastructure in the Cloud.
- Required credentials: Engineers with 8 to 10 years of experience dealing with large-scale, multi-platform networks, expert level knowledge of Linux and Windows OS. High-level understanding or programming languages. Significant experience designing, installing and administrating virtualized environments.
Cloud Computing Platforms and Certifications:
- Microsoft Azure Certifications
- AWS Certification
- Google Cloud Platform CloudAcademy
- IBM Certified Solution Advisor — Cloud Computing Architecture
- IBM Certified Solution Architect — Cloud Computing Infrastructure