Azure Hosting Models: Azure includes many services in its cloud computing platform. Let’s talk about a few of them.
Azure provides different hosting models for running applications. Each one provides a different set of services, so which one you choose depends on exactly what you’re trying to do.
- Virtual Machines
- App Services
- Cloud Services
- With support for Linux, Windows Server, SQL Server, Oracle, IBM, and SAP, Azure Virtual Machines gives you the flexibility of virtualization for a wide range of computing solutions—development and testing, running applications, and extending your datacenter.
- Azure Virtual Machine enables you to create a server in the cloud that you can control and manage, customize the VHD settings of the VM, create multiple VMs and load balance traffic between them.
- Combine the performance of a world-class supercomputer with the scalability of the cloud. Scale from one to thousands of virtual machine instances. Plus, with the growing number of regional Azure datacenters, easily scale globally so you are closer to where your customers are.
- It is Microsoft’s Platform as a Service (PaaS) environment used to create scalable, reliable and low admin applications and services. The applications are built with roles. A role represents a single component built with managed code, which runs in the Azure environment in a virtual machine (instance).
- Support not only web-based deployments but also multi-tier architectures where you might have a combination of front ends, middle tiers, as well as virtual machines running as part of your solution.
- Supports automated application management, so it is really easy to deploy, scale out, isolate, and recover from any type of hardware failure.
- Azure App Service is the only cloud service that integrates everything you need to quickly and easily build web and mobile apps for any platform and any device.
- App Service allows you to host the following app types:
- Web Apps: Create and deploy mission-critical web apps that scale with your business. Supports .NET, Java, PHP, Node.js, and Python.
- Mobile Apps: With the Mobile Apps feature of Azure App Service, it’s easy to rapidly build engaging cross-platform and native apps for iOS, Android, Windows, or Mac; store app data in the cloud or on-premises; authenticate users; send push notifications, or add your custom backend logic in C# or Node.js
- Logic Apps: The Logic Apps feature of Azure App Service helps keep your marketing and analytics SaaS apps in sync. Extend business processes in minutes. Boost sales productivity by reducing data entry.
Note: Virtual Machines, App Services, and Cloud Services can be used separately or combine more than one to create an application.